Small Business Events & Outreach
The EDA continued to promote its popular e-Commerce grant program for website development for small businesses. Six businesses were approved for grant funding during the year and five businesses received disbursements totaling $9,575.
The Authorities facilitated the following financing packages:
- a previously approved loan for Eagle Land II, LLC;
- approval and funding of a loan for Smoke BBQ Restaurant & Bar;
- reactivation of a prior loan commitment to BNNT, LLC;
- approval of an Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development (AFID) grant for Ironclad Distillery, Inc.;
- approval of bond issuances for Christopher Newport University and Riverside Health System, and
- assistance to the Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board on a new bond issuance.
Staff served citizens around the community with business technical assistance and financing program awareness through active participation in merchants’ association meetings, Peninsula Chamber trade shows, Small Business Development Center workshops and presentations to financial services professionals.